Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Plum Deluxe (Organic Tea of the Month Club) March 2015 Subscription Box Review!

Plum Deluxe


Cost: $10 per month/3 month prepay (1 Tea – 1 oz) or $18 month/3 month prepay (2 Teas – 2 oz)


Ships: (mid-month) United States and Canada


What is  Plum Deluxe?


Each shipment contains approximately 1-2 oz of custom blended organic teas (free of pesticide and GMO products)! The tea is  blended by hand and you can choose if you would prefer caffeinated or de-caffeinated when creating your subscription!


As pictured above, subscribers will receive a purple padded mailer with an enclosed muslin pouch which houses the tea(s).


I received a March’s Tea Blend for the purpose of this review courtesy of Plum Deluxe; let’s take a look!



Forest Berry Green Rooibos Tea


I was able to find different variations of this popular tea blend online, which one with similar ingredients was the wild berry rooibos tea online ($4) and another that is called Forest Berries Organic Fruit Tea ($7.50). The tea I received is a blend of rooibos tea, hibiscus flowers, apples, cranberries, rose hips, strawberries, and more. Traditional blends of this similar blend tend to have a bit more citrus, which in this case I was glad to receive one without the aid of citrus peel (worsens my acid re-flux). The tea can be chilled or sipped warm; however, my favorite was chilled. The mix of berry’s was really pleasant and made me feel like I was welcoming Spring with every sip!


The club seems to curtail on the adventurous side by bringing every subscriber new blends of yummy teas. A down side I see is that the plan option forces you to buy a three month plan (min. $30) just to try the club. If you paid attention to the cost points above of the other brand variations (according to ounces received and ingredients) I found you could see that there is a sheer markup for the experience they provide! However, if you are a true tea enthusiast, then this may not be a thought in your mind!


According to Today Health (2005), drinking tea has more than 10 key health benefits, such as hydration, protects your bones, less caffeine than coffee, antioxidants, reduces risks associated with stroke and heart attacks… and the list goes on. So as you see here, there is more gained by joining a tea club then you may realize!


The tea I received was extremely fresh and immediately created a love for how fragrant the herbs were. Since these tea’s are hand made and individually blended upon order each month the need for a mesh strainer/infuser, French press, or paper tea bags is needed. I love using my french press, so this was not a problem for me; however, before trying this club I would recommend one of the items I mentioned earlier in order to brew your tea since they do not provide anything but the tea itself.


What do you think of  Plum Deluxe?



Plum Deluxe (Organic Tea of the Month Club) March 2015 Subscription Box Review!

No comments:

Post a Comment