Saturday, May 10, 2014

Sample Society Beautybar.com Subscription Box May 2014 Review

20140507-161746.jpg


Sample Society


Cost: $15 per month


What is Sample Society?


Receive up to 5 deluxe-sized samples from brands like Alterna, Diptyque, Dermalogica and By Terry delivered to your door. Included will be a $15 monthly gift code to redeem on a $50 purchase and an exclusive Allure mini-mag filled with tips and beauty news..


Now on to Mays Review:


20140507-161901.jpg


My first reaction to all the tiny deluxe samples was to cancel my subscription box, but after reviewing subscription boxes for quite some time I have learned patience and to delay my reaction until I review everything! Since Facial and Beauty products cost so much these days, I was wise to calculate just how much each of the small vials would have cost me just to try the Full size and was amazed with the value inside this box! Just one product alone would have cost me $95 an ounce!


20140507-161915.jpg


 


Included in every box is an Allure mini catalog, which features the newest trends and beauty tips. Before Allure use to also include a postcard educating you of the samples included, but they recently stopped since already presenting the information in an email and on your Beautybar.com dashboard.


20140507-161938.jpg


Borghese Gel Delicato Makeup Remover (0.5 fl. oz) $1.42


The oil-free makeup remover gel is lightweight and provides a cooling feeling when applied. However, it was not tough enough to remove my Too Faced mascara.


20140507-161958.jpg


Juice Beauty CC Cream (0.17 oz) $3.90


This cream is gentle on my skin and makes my skin light up! I haven’t used it long enough to test results, but so far so good!


20140507-162015.jpg


dermalogica Age Smart Dynamic Skin Recovery SPF 30 (0 .34 oz) $13


The skin cream provides maximum hydration for aging skin, which includes a mixture of Shea Butter and Primrose!


20140507-162036.jpg


 Murad Pore Reform T-Zone Pore Refining Serum (.0125 fl oz.) $0.19


I am in love with this Serum! I have tried Murad before and have had good and bad things to say about the Brand, but this tiny little sample of Murad T-Zone Pore Refining Serum is all I needed in my subscription Box. At just 0.0125 fl. oz’s this little vial will last about a week and is wonderful at controlling oil production on your T-Zone! I use this product with and without makeup and was able to get a oil-less complexion each time!


20140507-162052.jpg


Sonia Dakar Flash Facial Exfoliating Treatment  (0.4 oz) $39.60


Out of all the facial products I have used as an exfoiliater this is my favorite! The pricey treatment is $95 an ounce, but was the only treatment I have used that I could immediately feel working and seemed to instantly minimize blemishes!


This months box was pretty good!  The value for everything was around $58, so with paying $15 for the month was simply amazing…. and now with their mess up I get double that amount… outstanding! Remember… when receiving small samples… look into the value of what the full size would cost you and take a look at the quality before giving your decision about the box!


What did you think of Sample Society this month?



Sample Society Beautybar.com Subscription Box May 2014 Review

No comments:

Post a Comment