Monday, February 2, 2015

Birchbox Man February 2015 Subscription Box Review

IMG_7291


Birchbox Man


Cost: $20 per month


What is Birchbox Man?


For just $20 per month subscribers can sample trial sized luxury grooming products (sometimes even receiving a full sized product!).


The theme for February’s Birchbox Man Subscription Box  is “Optimized”, which allows subscribers to pick one of their samples of the products that will appear in their month’s box. An email was sent to subscribers, but if choosing is too difficult Birchbox will still send samples based on your profile (remember those that are considered Birchbox Aces received first pick).


For some reason when I tried to make my selection for the Quick Connect Duo The screen immediately thanked me for my Sample Choice, but I did not get a chance to select my option. I emailed Birchbox Man to see what the glitch is about. In the meantime I went back into the email and clicked the site and what do you know the option to choose is there, but it only has the Explorer’s Kit Available everything else is sold out. And within minutes my email and problem is answered and resolved! Birchbox Man Customer Service stated they will add me to the reservation list for the Quick-Connect Duo and all is well in subscription land! I just love Birchbox!!!!


On with the Review of the Quick-Connect Duo I selected for February!


IMG_7292


Included in every box is a handy card telling you the list of products included, and more importantly a description of the product and how to use it! Also the full sized product cost is listed just in case you wanted to splurge and use some of those hard earned Birchbox Man points on a Full Sized item of your choice!


IMG_7293


Quirky Plug Power $4.99


The power strip prevents the need for chunky adaptors blocking multiple outlets! I like the fact this an option and it works great because it is flexible, has a three-pronged extender, and connects into a look for easy storage/travel!


IMG_7294


(Continued) Quirky Plug Power $4.99


Here you get a close up of how you insert one end into the power strip, and the other into the outlet!


IMG_7295


Quirky Contort $14.99


Another item included in the Quick-Connect Duo selection, was this flexible USB hub! The hub allows you to connect up to four devices at once, which is a necessity these days!


IMG_7296


Histoires de Parfums 1899 (.07 fl oz.) $4.38


For men’s cologne I do not mind getting these small samples, because it is a rarity to get many men’s fragrance samples. The box this sample came in is one of the coolest I have seen in a while. The scent of this cologne is a mix of black pepper, bergamot and orange blossom (my fave blend), cinnamon, vanilla, yellow amber,and vetiver. It smells unique and I like it a lot!


IMG_7297


Brickell Men’s Products Purifying Charcoal Face Wash (1 oz) $3.13 & MALIN+GOETZ) grapefruit face cleanser (1 oz) $3.75


The Charcoal Face Wash is from a brand that I am just a little familiar with. The purifying cleanser contains olive oil, charcoal, aloe, and jojoba in order to provide a soothing ultra clean experience.


I am an avid Malin + Goetz fan but I am not sure about the cost of a full size being $30 for 8oz’s. The cleanser is said to clears up breakouts and balances skin’s natural pH. However,  I just can’t get over a little disappointment since Birchbox Man gave me to cleanser’s this month.


The value of this month was pretty good.  However the value would really depend on the subscribers expectations.The only disappointment I feel about this months box was that I received two cleansers in one box, but other than that I am pretty happy. Keep in mind, the boxes contain many uni-sex products….  that can be swiped from the box without your spouse knowing (wink wink)!


What do you think about the Birchbox Man Subscription Box?



Birchbox Man February 2015 Subscription Box Review

No comments:

Post a Comment