Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Sample Society Beautybar.com Subscription Box March 2014 Review

20140311-162454.jpg


Sample Society


Cost: $15 per month


What is Sample Society?


Rreceive up to 5 deluxe-sized samples from brands like Alterna, Diptyque, Dermalogica and By Terry delivered to your door. Included will be a $15 monthly gift code to redeem on a $50 purchase and an exclusive Allure mini-mag filled with tips and beauty news..


Now on to March’s Review:


20140311-162743.jpg


I have been subscribing to Sample Society for awhile now and have enjoyed my surprises in every box. Everyone receives pretty much a stock or variety of similar selections every month. However, certain items may vary depending on your Beauty Profile, color selections, and availability. Like with other subscriptions. you can always log into your dashboard to view the products while they are being shipped (if you get anxious).


20140311-162813.jpg


Included in every box is an Allure mini catalog, which features the newest trends and beauty tips. Before Allure use to also include a postcard educating you of the samples included, but they recently stopped since already presenting the information in an email and on your Beautybar.com dashboard.


20140311-162912.jpg


B.Kamins laboratories Vegetable Cleanser (2 fl. oz) $9.75


This sample was very generous and after my research on the brand I am impressed! This highly rated cleanser is oil, fragrance, and color-free and is all natural (derived from corn)! Trying this beauty tonight!


20140311-162930.jpg


Caviar CC Cream for Hair 10-in-1 Complete Correction - ALTERNA   (0.85 oz) $8.50


I ordered the Caviar collection from Alterna this past Christmas as a gift for my mom, and have been sulking ever since! I so wanted to try the Caviar line for myself after reading the great reviews and finally now I can!


20140311-162951.jpg


Diptyque Volutes Eau de Toilette (0.06 fl. oz) $3.52


Although I am not a fan of fragrances taking up room in my subscription box, I love trying new scents. This diptyque was definitely smokey and a bit to robust for my tastes. At first the scent reminded me of a smokey White Diamonds perfume.


20140311-163115.jpg


Tantasia Self Tanner & Bronzer - Jane Iredale (sample)


Key words… Tanner… I already have Tan skin! I loathe getting tanners in my subscription box, um maybe because I cannot use it. From what I read about it, it seems to be a great tanner for those that are looking for a more natural tan look. I guess I should be lucky I have a year round tan!


20140311-163222.jpg


Jane Tran Hair Clips $3.50


During my wait for my box to get here I did a bit of research on Jane Tran and love some of her hair pieces and her eye for design! I love the camouflage-like clips and color contrast!


This months box was pretty good, minus the self-tanner…  The value for everything was around $25, so with paying $15 for the month it was kind of a wash!


What did you think of Sample Society this month?



Sample Society Beautybar.com Subscription Box March 2014 Review

No comments:

Post a Comment