Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Birchbox November 2013 Review





This is how your box is delivered.

Birchbox is a mailed sample box subscription for $10 per month.

To many this is the crown jewel of boxes and at times there are waiting lists.

Let's start the fun....

Opening the package -

Within the box is another box with the company logo at the top.




Within each box is a product card that allows the subscriber to know the theme of the month
And the contents, description, and cost
In every box there is an extra product called the "Birchbox Find" that is an item the team finds as exciting, necessary, or just plain awesome. It is always in addition to the 4-5 products you normally receive as a subscriber.

Next, Birchbox provides a mini catalog and tip's list, which can provide the reader with various ideas
The guides give you updates, trends, and additional products you can find on Birchbox "shops" (store).

Now, on to the good stuff.... What's in here?

What's in the blue box... The Birchbox find??? Yup. Here is everything revealed... please keep in mind that each Birchbox may be similar, but may vary in one or two samples based on your profile and questionnaire answers.

So here is a break down of the contents:

Has a clean scent and really makes my hands feel like.... well...butter.... You can never have enough moisturizing aids to stash in your purse.
I have been dying to try this mask after all the positive reviews I read. The mask retails for $42 for 8 masks and I received 1 so I valued it as $5.25. I am literally getting giddy as I write this review as I thing about trying this detox mask tonight!!
Eyeko products are a staple in the beauty world, and this product  is 13 fl oz, which is half the full size amount. It averages around $12. I have never tried Eyeko's mascara so I am excited to try this!

Folle de Joie eau de parfum retails at $98 (not for the sample) and is a blend of citrus and floral. I usually am not a floral person, but it is not an overpowering fragrance so it's wearable.

I am not one to give sample perfumes a cost, mainly because I receive so many from Sephora order samples.
Full size cost for 20 packets is $20, so the two packet sample is worth $2
Another WEI product with fantastic reviews....hmmm.... I might have two Birch Box Favorites this month.
This was the hard one... I am not a pretzel or toffee person, and since you only get one pretzel no value is given. I gave this sample to my daughter who in two bites swallowed the pretzel and said it was "alright". She is a "Foodie" at age 10 and loves food so I would heed her comment...lol.

All in all, I get to try several new products for the price of $10. For me, the- thrill of trying new things over-power the normal reaction to like or dislike a box. However, for value sake... this box was not the best I received, but it was one of the most pleasing.

The value of each item and the contents were all pleasing in some way, shape, or form :)

Did you Receive your November 2013 Birchbox? How was your experience with Birchbox? Let me know!

Stay tuned for the December 2013 Birchbox Review!

No comments:

Post a Comment