Thursday, February 13, 2014

Munch Box by Candykid.co Review and Coupon

20140212-182438.jpg


Munch Box by Candykid.co (Newly launched)


Cost: $25 per month


Coupon: THESUB10 to receive 10% off any subscription plan


Each box offers a variety of candy selections, filled with six different types of themed candy:


  • The Geek: candy items with a fun geek/gamer theme.

  • The Newbie: new candy items that have been in the market for two years or less.

  • Class Clown: novelty candy items that are sure to make you laugh.

  • The Old School:Take a trip down memory lane with retro nostalgic candy and rediscover your childhood favorites all the way back to the 1950′s to early 90′s.

  • The Health Nut: For the health conscious with a sweet tooth the health nut features candy that’s GLUTEN FREE and made with ALL NATURAL ingredients and most importantly since it’s curated by CANDY KiD you know it’s going to please your taste buds!

  • The Foreign Exchange: For the inner explorer in you we offer popular candy items from different parts of the world.

  • BONUS: CANDY Kid Munch Bag (1 scoop of every item in our bulk candy selection from their online shop)

This month I received a Munch Box Courtesty of Candykid.co, let’s take a peek at all the deliciousness!


20140212-182735.jpg


All my goodies came in a sturdy brown box with the Candykid.co logo. Inside (pictured above) is a trove of deliciousness!


20140212-182845.jpg


Columbina Bon Bon Bum Bubble Gum filled lollipop (in Watermelon) $0.37,  Butter Lollipop (Butter flavored) $4.95, &  Fish Head Lollipop (no it doesn’t taste like a severed fish head…lol) $5.99


I love the selection of these novelty lollipop’s! Immediately I fell in love with the box because it introduced me to items I typically would not find in a store! The Fish head and Butter lollipops must be part of their Class clown selection, because they definitely put a smile on my face!


20140212-182915.jpg


Super Mario Bros. Sour Candy Mushroom Tin $4.00


The Geek in me automatically recognizes this themed candy! I always enjoy a good gamer themed anything, but my son literally had a temper tantrum for this little tin full of sweet delights!


20140212-182936.jpg


 Wonka Sweetarts Hearts $1.67


I love that Candykid.com remembered Valentines day and kept it simple. Who can say no to sweetarts?


20140212-183009.jpg


Now & Later Original  (in Wild Fruits) $1.19 & Angell Organic Crisp Bar $1.99


You don’t need to be a candy connoisseur to realize the old school vibes of “Now & Later” candies. I remember buying these little guys one by one for a nickel at the local market… wow… I sound like my Parents!


The obvious health nut theme: I have seen Angell Crisp Bar’s at my whole foods store and wanted to try them after reading a few reviews so I can’t wait to indulge myself and have just a little less guilt while eating it!


20140212-183036.jpg


Chocolates Jet (2) $0.91 & Juicy Fruit Gum – 1 pack $0.35


The Foreign Exchange we received was Jet Chocolate. I immediately tore into this chocolatey confection and almost ate both of these myself! Another Old School reflection moment… Juicy Fruit! It is amazing how food (including candy) brings back so many memories!


20140212-183101.jpg


Cotton Candy 2.99?


I placed the cotton candy in the newbie category, because although this item has been around for centuries it is newly becoming more and more popular as a packaged food. My daughter flipped when she saw this fluffy blue candy… I think I will hold this ransom till Valentines day!


20140212-183355.jpg


BONUS: CANDY Kid Munch Bag $9.95


Dubble Bubble Twist, Jolly Rancher Hard Candy, Ring Pops, Sugar Babies, Starburst….and more!


I received one scoop of every item in their bulk candy selection from their online shop!


20140212-183641.jpg


BONUS: CANDY Kid Munch Bag Continued…


Gummy Bears, Dubble Bubble Cotton Candy Gumballs, Gummy Worms, JUJUBES, Milk Duds, Runts, Sour Gummy Worms, Sour Patch Kids, Sour Patch Watermelon, Swedish Fish, Swirl Gummy Bears, and more!


Inside the clear bag was a bundle of hand picked treats… All candies were fresh and it brought back the nostalgia of going into a  Candy Shop to get these yummy treats as opposed to our neighborhood grocery store! I grew up eating the Haribo  Small Cola Bottles (bottom left) there were more in the picture, but before I knew it they just started disappearing!


With over $34 in themed candies this subscription added up to a pretty good value!  I was amazed to find out the many brands I long had forgotten about and was thrilled to be introduced to new brands! Although the box was a pleasing value, what I valued more was how the theme’s truly allowed me to reflect on my youth and introduce a part of my past to my kids!


What do you think about Munch Box by Candykid.co?



Munch Box by Candykid.co Review and Coupon

No comments:

Post a Comment