Saturday, January 11, 2014

Birchbox January 2014 Subscription Box Review

20140110-163450.jpg


Birchbox


Cost: $10


Distinguished for being the first subscription sampling service offered, Birchbox has made a long and hard stride towards success. There social media presence is spot on and they have more creativity than most. For just $10 per month subscribers can sample trial sized luxury cosmetics and beauty products (sometimes even receiving a full sized product!)


Let’s see what is in the January 2014 Birchbox (please be reminded that samples may vary based on your answers to your beauty profile).


20140110-163546.jpg


The weight of this box was definitely heavier than the others…The theme for January 2014 “Go Time” and I was so ready to tear this box a part and get to discovering what I received!


20140110-163623.jpg


Inside every Birchbox is a postcard that list the theme (front, shown before) and the list of the products included in your box is on the back (shown above).


20140110-163949.jpg


As mentioned earlier, Birchbox is purely a sampling service, so do not expect to receive many or any full-sized products. However, I think Birchbox started the New Year fantastic with this box!


20140110-164100.jpg


Camille Beckman Hand Therapy (1/4 oz ) $0.72


I have been dying to try this body butter after all the reviews I have seen and the tiny container is adorable. The body butter is made with almond oil (which I can’t get enough of) and shea butter…..yum!


20140110-164152.jpg


Ruby Wing Color Changing Nail Polish (.25 Fl oz; in kitten heels) $4.67

Ever since I saw last months sneak peek, I have been obsessed with trying this polish out. The color-changing polish changes colors when inside or outside, and it’s not just a slight color change but a whole different color! This one changes from neon pink (inside) to bold red (outside).

20140110-164311.jpg



This product has over 3,000 positive reviews and I am sooooo eager to try it. The two-part skincare system  won more than 90 beauty awards and is said to remove all traces of dirt, grime, and makeup ( even your waterproof) with the help of it’s trust side kick the muslin cloth.

20140110-164350.jpg


Nelson j Beverly Hills Argan Oil 7 Moisture Healing Mask (0.5 oz each; in rosemary mint)
$4?


I love rosemary shampoo (currently using Carol’s Daughter Rosemary Shampoo) so this Healing mask will not be wasted. I have tried Nelson J’s products before, so I cant wait to try this healing mask for the first time!


20140110-164423.jpg



These amazing braided headbands use a silicone strip that keeps them from budging during workouts! I love, love, love this headband! It is snug but really does work amazingly to prevent hair from flailing everywhere during workouts!

20140110-164535.jpg


In addition to everything else Birchbox these “Go Time” inspired postcards to get every subscriber ready for the new year!


I believe this box was the best I have received from Birchbox in a while!I received over $22 in products and paid only half that! Birchbox  provided me with products I would not of known of or even bought on my own, without this sampling service! I adore my Birchbox and suggest Birchbox  for anyone who loves to constantly try knew products, without the guilt or regret that they are spending or wasting too much on cosmetics!


Did you get your January Birchbox? What did you think?



Birchbox January 2014 Subscription Box Review

No comments:

Post a Comment