Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Favorite Sample Society Subscription Box Product January 2014

20131210-172300.jpg


Sample Society by Beautybar.com with Allure


Cost: $15 per month


What is Sample Society?


For $15 a month, you’ll receive:


  • 5 deluxe-sized samples from brands like Alterna, Diptyque, Dermalogica and By Terry.

  • $15 monthly gift code to redeem on a $50 purchase — when any product from the brands you sampled is included in your order.

  • An exclusive mini-mag filled with tips and beauty news from the editors of Allure.


If you missed my January Review, you can find it here!


Every now and then in my subscription boxes I find a product that I did not expect to like or tried and found it worthy of it being my new favorite (I try a lot of products, so I have lots of favorites).


I finally narrowed down my favorite in my Sample Society. If you have ever ordered a Sample Society, then you know that the box has some fantastic brand names, but I finally was able to experiment and play around with everything!


Here it is, my fave product is (drum roll):


20140113-164438.jpg


Jane Iredale Just Kissed® Lip and Cheek Stain (sample) $8.33?


This lip/cheek stain is spectacular. At first (before reading) I opened the tube to this pale looking lipstick. However, after I swiped the color on my hand the perfect tint of pink for my tan complexion appeared (like magic)!


In the past it was hard to find a stain that worked with my complexion.  However, lately I have been using Josie Maran’s Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelee and it has not let me down yet!


I tried Jane Iredale’s products before and found that a majority of times they were not complementary to my skin tone. Luckily, I gave this lip and cheek stain a chance because it works beautifully.


iredale


When I use the lip and cheek stain I only use a couple of dabs, because anything more (depending on your skin tone) may make you appear a little clownish. You would not think, because of the pale color of the creamy stick, that this little tube would be concentrated, but when it starts to change it is very pigmented!


I love that this product looks different on everyone… so for me it is a muted pink on my cheeks and a rosy pink on my lips. However, those trying it for the first time might want to start with a dab here and there to see if more color is necessary.


 


Have you tried Sample Society yet? What did you think?



Favorite Sample Society Subscription Box Product January 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment