Saturday, January 18, 2014

Ipsy January 2014 Subscription Box Review

20140116-163847.jpg


Ipsy


Cost: $10 per month


What is Ipsy?


Each month, subscribers will receive a beautiful Glam Bag with deluxe samples and full-sized beauty products. Members can watch and play along with the stylists with the same products that they are using. All for only $10 a month.


Why is Ipsy so darn popular, besides the super cheap cost… well they use a little thing called ipsyMatch technology :


We customize all Glam Bag products using a personalization tool called ipsyMatch! This sophisticated system pulls the results from your personal profile, your Beauty Quiz, and your activity on ipsy.com. We use this data to consistently create a Glam Bag filled with the best beauty picks just for you month after month! Make sure you have marked the Skin Tone, Hair Color, and Eye Color that best suits you! These are always very important inputs for personalization.


If you missed my December review click here to take a peek.


20140116-164157.jpg


Not a bad little haul of goodies for $10!


20140116-164242.jpg


First the bag… I recycle all these bags for my kids crafts, to hold presents, and even as pencil holders for my kids school supplies (I got to save money somewhere).


20140116-164420.jpg


Elizabeth Mott Smooth Shadow Creamy Eye Pencil in Pearl ( .7 g) $7


pearl


One thing I can say for sure is that ipsy really does have a great color matching profile. The color is perfect for my tan skin tone! It is almost a rose gold on my yellowish tan complexion!


20140116-165008.jpg


Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Tri-Wheat Leave in Conditioner (1.7 oz) $3.60


I have been dying to try Sexy Hair Leave in Treatments and this one has Soy and Tri-Wheat Proteins which are said to work wonders! I’m not sure I like the scent though, but it’s worth a try!


20140116-165105.jpg


Bright Skin Serum by Apothederm (.14 oz) $9.45


I have slight discoloration on my chin and currently use Lancome Dreamtone (which I love), but I’m always in the market for a cheaper product!


20140116-165127.jpg


AbsoluteMakeup Cleansing Tissues (10 tissues – in Pomegranate) $1.17


I can’t get enough of having these disposable cleansing wipes on hand! I like to wipe off my makeup first and then follow with my clarisonic to get a good clean!


20140116-165212.jpg


Tinted Lip Balm by MicaBeauty (Full size) $30


I love 24 hour lipstick, so it was no surprise I would like this tinted lip balm! If you have never tried long-lasting formulas then prep yourself… your lips will feel super dry (but this formula contains Vitamin E). At first I had to so my research and found that this lip balm went on more like a lipstick and because it is suppose to be 24 hours appeared to dry quickly. I do have to say that I like that this balm… it’s so hard for me to find natural shades that work well with my skin tone and yet this one does! But be careful, this tinted balm is highly pigmented so a little goes a very long way!


For anyone who is interested in immersing themselves in an endless cascade of make-up  and beauty choices and get out of the boring patterns of their everyday life, than this is the subscription box for you! One thing that an Ipsy subscriber will say is that the beauty profile, typically pin points what is best for your style!


Did you get your Ipsy bag? What did you think?


Stay tuned for my favorite product from my Ipsy January bag!



Ipsy January 2014 Subscription Box Review

No comments:

Post a Comment