Sunday, December 8, 2013

Darby Smart December 2013 Subscription Box

20131205-165317.jpg


Darby Smart


Cost: $19 per month (I received the Blackfriday deal that took 50% off making my order $9.50)


What is Darby Smart?


A craft subscription DIY box, which supplies everything you need for the hot project of the month.


I thought I would try my hand at this crafty little boxed project, since it was a subscription box and it seemed like fun.


20131205-165353.jpg


Opening the box was a dream. As soon as you open the box music starts to play and puts you in the mood for your latest DIY. Seriously, it appears there is a light sensor mechanism attached to the box that played music as you opened the box. That was my favorite part of the whole subscription. I loved it so much I am going to re-purpose my Darby Smart box as a Christmas present box for one of my unsuspecting family member’s.


20131205-165447.jpg


The project for December was a Marquee sign. It seemed easy enough and they supplied all the tools to complete the project.


20131205-165509.jpg


Christmas battery operated lights.


20131205-165645.jpg


Stencils and two boards (one was for practice)


20131205-165737.jpg


An tailors awl for making the holes for the lights and a silver sharpie.


I was a little sad that my sharpie was dried out and as much as I pressed could not use it :(


20131205-165804.jpg


Here are the instructions for completing the project.


 


I started the project in the morning, but found out that I couldn’t even complete it because my sharpie wouldn’t right. After minutes of trying to use the Sharpies, I ran around the house trying to find all my craft markers I had hid somewhere.


To no avail, I could not complete the project how I wanted to so it sits on my table till I can go to the store and get a silver sharpie to finish the project.


I am pretty positive I will never run out to get another sharpie, since I am sure I have some around my house. I will most likely just let my kids have a go and let them experiment with the tools (minus the Awl).


 


I am so glad that I received this box for half the price!


 


Did you get your Darby Smart box? What did you think about it?



Darby Smart December 2013 Subscription Box

No comments:

Post a Comment