Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Sample Society December 2013 Review



use code: JADE884514


A curated collection of the world’s finest beauty brands
Buy Beauty Products at BeautyBar.com



Excludes existing customers of BeautyBar.comAfterSchool.comCasa.com or other Quidsi sites. Restrictions apply.


Sample Society


Cost: $15 per month


Coupon: Save 20% on your first Beautybar.com order using code Jade884514


What is  Sample Society?


For $15 a month, you’ll receive:


  • 5 deluxe-sized samples from brands like Alterna, Diptyque, Dermalogica and By Terry.

  • $15 monthly gift code to redeem on a $50 purchase — when any product from the brands you sampled is included in your order.

  • An exclusive mini-mag filled with tips and beauty news from the editors of Allure.


I have been subscribing to Sample Society for awhile now and have enjoyed my surprises in every box. It is almost impossible to know what is in your box, before it is to late. Therefore, why this box is so addicting. Everyone receives pretty much the same selections every month.


20131210-172300.jpg


The box just screams try me!


20131210-172332.jpg


The coveted Allure mini catalog, which features the newest trends and beauty tips.


20131210-172435.jpg


Sample Society includes a theme card, which breaks down the contents within your box. This months theme was “Hair For The Party”


I am such a sucker for a good theme :)


20131210-172518.jpg


Ouidad Curl Recovery Ultra Nourishing Cleansing Oil Shampoo (2.5 fl oz) $7.35


Ren 15ml Hydra-Calm Global Protection Day Cream (5 ml) $13.20


The best thing about receiving a never ending supply of samples is that I get to try endless new products. I feel like a beauty virgin sometimes not knowing a thing about some of these brands.


The Ouidad Curl Recovery Ultra Nourishing Cleansing Oil Shampoo will definately be used on my son, who loves his hair and won’t let me cut it (his hair has never been cut since he was a baby and now he is 5…hair to his butt).


20131210-172609.jpg


Philosophy Hope in a Jar Night Moisturizer (.4 oz) $9.60


Alterna Caviar Dry Shampoo SS Deluxe Sample $1


I have loved just about  everything I have tried from Philosophy and have tried this moisturizer before, so I will keep this for my travels in the future. I love these small samples for when my work sends me places; best travel tubes ever!


Alterna Caviar I just bought this at Sephora during their Blackfriday sale, so it looks like I will be gifting this one. This little sample will make a great stocking stuffer!


20131210-172732.jpg


diego dalla palma Rossoressetto #102 deluxe sample $5?


I am all about color, so this lipstick works for me! I tried this on late last night just to see if it is something I could wear to work and boy could I. With a neutral eye and brown eyeliner my face seemed to scream kiss me with this color . Not sure how my husband feels about it, because he was still sleep, but we will see when I get home from work ;)


 


To be honest, this was not my favorite box only because I received it after my PopSugar Must Have box and in comparison these small samples look puny. However, if you look at the value of the products you get to try before you buy, then that is where I light up. The cheapest full size item I could find on any of these brand name items was around $7.00 so why pay that much when I can double the price and get all this? Just saying….


 


Have you tried Sample Society yet? What did you think?



Sample Society December 2013 Review

No comments:

Post a Comment