Friday, December 20, 2013

For The Makers Subscription Box Review December 2013

20131218-190411.jpg


For The Makers


Cost: $29 per month


I purchased this crafting subscription box on a whim and took advantage of their 30% off Black Friday ( I was able to get my first subscription box for only $20.30).


witb_2


What is For The Makers?


Simplistically, For The Makers is an elegant crafting experience! 


We believe in making what you want to own. Maybe the only thing you’ve ever made is a peanut butter sandwich. Maybe you’ve been making your own sparkly things for years. We believe in making things you’ll love and wear now and for seasons to come. With the right materials and a little DIY know–how we’ll turn that “I could totally make it” into “Oh this? I made it.”


20131218-190452.jpg


My Subscription Box arrived the other day and I immediately went to work on two of the four projects included in the box.


20131218-190538.jpg


As soon as you open your For The Makers box you will find instructions (before I received the box, they also warned me in an email to invest in some jewelry pliers before I received my box). I already owned some jewelry pliers, so I had them out and waited to see what projects were coming my way.


20131218-190810.jpg


The For The Makers box included just about everything I needed (with the exception of needing paper towels and jewelry pliers…already had these items). The instructions are located on their website for easy display and the added bonus of being able to zoom in on the project pictures!


It is funny, because most of the times I receive these crafting boxes and open them to find just plain knickknacks I already have around the house and  think…ummmm… I paid for this. For The Makers was actually different! The ideas within this box were highly creative and the box contained multiple projects and GLASS GLITTER… I just love anything that sparkles!


20131218-190915.jpg


The first project was the Northern Light Votives, which this is what you receive to complete this project.20131218-200245.jpg20131218-195917.jpg20131218-200519.jpg


The Northern Light Votives turned out absolutely amazing and the instructions (which are not in the box, but retrieved online) were very easy to follow and included pictures for easy navigation!


20131218-192512.jpg


The Next project is the Horizon Studs which I first was not to impressed by.However, the finished project was super easy and looked remarkably like diamond studs!


20131218-193442.jpg


A look at the Horizon Studs Before and After.


20131218-193654.jpg


Now you cannot tell me that these studs don’t look real! The project took less than 5 minutes (not including frying time) and look amazing! I want some in every color now !


20131218-192525.jpg


The Icy Fringe Necklace I have yet to do, but will complete it this weekend, since having some time off for the holiday.  I cannot wait to do this project, because I love statement jewelry and boy does this necklace make a statement (look below)!


NK_2


I am amazed that this is actually a necklace I can easily do! I glanced over the instructions already and have not had even a glimmer of doubt in being able to complete this project!


20131218-192536.jpg


The last project is the Mercury Initials, which I am going to do for my Daughter! She has the perfect sweater for the job and I am even considering having her help me on this one. Not sure though, because the sequins and beads are really small, but we shall see. It sure seems like a fun project to at least try!


MI_8


Example of completed Mercury Initials Project from the For The Makers website. Looks amazing!


This is one of the best and most exiting craft boxes I have received ever! True to their moto, For The Makers has provided me with not only things I can easily make, but items I would actually love to display in my home. I cannot wait till January’s Box, not sure how they will top this one; but I am hooked!


 


Have you ordered your For The Makers Box yet?



For The Makers Subscription Box Review December 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment